In our most recent video inclusion of SIHH 2019, our supervisor in-boss Frank Geelen plunks down with Wilhelm Schmid, CEO of A. Lange & Söhne. Discover which of the five watches uncovered during the SIHH 2019 will go down as authority’s pieces, and why 2019 is a particularly exceptional year for certain models of the Saxon brand.
- The star of the SIHH 2019 is the Lange 1 “25th Anniversary”, the brand’s undisputed symbol for the last 25 years and, as per Schmid, “the foundation of our business”. The Lange I Anniversary watch returns to its underlying foundations and is introduced in a 38.5mm white gold with blue printed markings on the various levels and surface medicines of the dial. The watch likewise gives recognition to the two men who set ALS back up for life, and the names of Walter Lange and Günter Blümlein are engraved on the white gold pivoted tracker caseback. The development additionally includes exceptional commemoration treats, and with its impediment of only 250 watches, this is obviously focused at collectors.
- The Datograph Perpetual Tourbillon is perhaps the most complicated watches at ALS pressing a flyback chronograph, an interminable schedule with moon stages, an external date and a one-minute tourbillon on the development side in its 41.5mm case. The curiosity for 2019 is the great strong pink gold dial. The novel salmon-tint of the unadulterated pink gold and its matte, grained surface are, as per Schmid “practically difficult to duplicate in a photo”. Given the trouble of working with unadulterated gold, it will take the brand 3 years to deliver 100 watches. Correct, that is an authority’s piece all right.
- The Zeitwerk commends its first decade and has been fitted with another date complication to become the Zeitwerk Date . With its enormous mechanical computerized shows in the focal point of the dial for the hopping hours and minutes, alongside the force save pointer and little seconds, there was no room on the dial for a date window. The date shows up as two fringe rings, a gem one on top with printed numerals and a red one under. At 12 PM the lower red ring plays out an exact hop uncovering the date. Introduced in a 44.2mm case in white gold, the Zeitwerk Date is furnished with a recently planned manual-winding development and is certifiably not a restricted edition.
- The Langematik Perpetual has additionally been given a unique treat in 2019 and is introduced in a 38.5mm nectar gold case, Lange’s restrictive amalgam that is more diligently than other gold composites and utilized sparingly. Just seven restricted version watches have been the beneficiaries of nectar gold to date, the Langematik Perpetual denoting the eighth. A restricted version of 100 watches, this is another authority’s piece.
- The Richard Lange Jumping Seconds is returned to in 2019 out of a white gold case with a dark dial. Lange’s first new-period model with hopping seconds that was presented in 2016, the 39.9mm white gold watch includes a controller dial with an enormous seconds dial at the top met by two more modest circles for the hours and minutes. The evenness and balance of the dial combined with dark, white and red contacts summon Bauhaus plan concepts.
We welcome you to watch the video at the highest point of this article and stay tuned on MONOCHROME for all the most recent news, direct from the most recent day of the SIHH 2019. For more data, if it’s not too much trouble, visit www.a