With the SIHH 2019 practically around the bend, we thought it was the ideal second to glance back at what the 2018 release of the Geneva Watch Fair, a.k.a Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) needed to show… And it had a ton to show. Specialized, excellent, inventive, super complicated or just very much idea regular pieces. There was a ton and, in that viewpoint, SIHH 2018 didn’t baffle. So before we discover what 2019 has available for us, let’s investigate the past release of the fair.
In the video above, MONOCHROME colleagues Frank Geelen, Brice Goulard and Xavier Markl talk about the best watches of the SIHH 2018. Here are our best watches of the show, with the most noteworthy curiosities introduced at the SIHH 2018, including:
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Memovox – the vintage-roused alert watch of JLC’s shiny new assortment. Cool and well executed
- Cartier Drive Extra-Flat – presently accessible in yellow gold and in steel, at an alluring cost and still an incredible design
- Laurent Ferrier Montre Ecole Annual Calendar – with a fresh out of the box new development, a dazzling light yellow gold case and a generally speaking sublime design
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202IP – the symbol now with a titanium case, a platinum bezel and a shiny new smoked blue dial
- Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic – with a 5-day make COSC-affirmed development, a decent regular watch with a sensible cost of EUR 2,450
- Montblanc 1858 Monopusher Chronograph – a vintage-enlivened military chronograph with an eminent Minerva type, inclination green dial and steel case
- IWC Tribute to Pallweber – with a remarkable bouncing hours and minutes show, new development and clean plan for the 150th commemoration of IWC
- Ressence Type 2 e-Crown – a mechanical watch with an electronically controlled crown to change and set the time
- A. Lange & Söhne Triple Split – the über-chronograph with a triple rattrapante work and a dazzling movement
- Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Concept – At 2mm thick, the most slender mechanical watch at any point made. Well done to Piaget for this mind blowing achievement!
- A. Lange & Söhne 1815 ‘Homage to Walter Lange’ Unique Piece in Steel – a watch that will be sold by Phillips Watches, with continues to be given to a foundation, honoring Walter Lange, perhaps the most appreciated men of the watch industry